Wednesday 9 May 2012

Log Dragomer and Vienna


Time goes fast and 2 World Cups already past. This year I prepared differently than previous years, thanks to the help from Reini Scherer who provided me with really good trainings methods. Also Stew was from great help, who pushing me in my training and for setting some amazing problems. This paid off and I feel more confident in me and my climbing. In the Log Dragomer I climbed well and enjoyed it, without feeling too excited and nervous. However on 2 out of 5 problems in the Quali I climbed to the last move but was not able to catch the top. I finished 27th overall. Obviously I felt disappointed but knew that I was strong enough to get into Semis. 
 
A week later was the World Cup in Vienna. Qualification went well except that I sticked a hard dyno 2nd go but fall off to the top and until the last minute I could not to the dyno again. Therefore I needed more attempts and only just qualified for the Semifinal. The Semifinal was extremely hard and I only collected 1 Bonus. I finished with 6 others on place 15. Somehow felt alright about my performance but deep inside I knew that there would have been more. 
Next week is Innsbruck which is the last World Cup for me until end of August in Munich. I am looking forward to try my best and give everything. VENGA